Top reasons to attend our summer school:
• Opportunity for students who need more time to reach the same level as their peers
• Excellent way to earn extra credits and get ahead academically
• Another chance to complete failed courses
• Benefit from valuable enrichment programs
• Complete requirements for promotion to the next grade level
• Get needed English as a Second Language programs (ESL) in a non-stressful atmosphere
• Opportunity to practice for SAT, ACT, FCAT and other standardized tests
• Complete basic work in the necessary skills of reading, math, and language arts
• Improve study skills, time management and organization skills
FLPS is an established academic institution, fully accredited by: SACS, NIPSA & CITA.
All classes and credits are transferable to all schools – public, private or parochial.
Enrollment is limited and we maintain an extremely low student/teacher ratio to maximize student success.
Summer School will be comprised of two sessions. Students may attend one or both. Each session will consist of 60 hours of classroom instruction. Attendance is mandatory.
Session I Monday, June 18 – Friday, 29, 2012 (10 days – 6 hours per day)
Session II Monday, July 2 – Monday, 16, 2012 (10 days – 6 hours per day
School will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.
5 days per week, Monday through Friday.
Grades K-4: 8:30 am to 11:30 am
Grades 5-12: 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
Students must arrive promptly and missed time must be made up after school.
Those students who wish to improve academic skills, complete credits, or advance in subjects for the next year may attend. Skills classes in Reading, Language Arts, Math, Study Skills Techniques, and SAT Prep will be offered as well as most major subjects. A maximum of two (2) high school credits may be earned with prior approval.
Grades K- 4: $550 per session; 8:30 – 11:30 am
Grades 5- 8: $700 per session (Non-Credit)
Grades 9-12: $750 per session (Credit)
Fort Lauderdale Preparatory School Summer School Application
Please download our application and submit completed form to the school.