We welcome your interest in Fort Lauderdale Preparatory School (FLPS). FLPS accepts students in grades Pre K-12 from both the local and international community. Our main intake of new students is at the beginning of each school year, but we are able to admit students when space is available, throughout the school year. FLPS reserves the right to exclude children whose behavior or educational needs cannot be met by the school.
Our admissions procedure is as follows:
TOUR & INTERVIEW
The first step is to contact our admissions office to arrange an appointment for student testing, a tour of the school and a student interview. Parents should bring the student’s latest report card for enrollment into grades 1-9, or an unofficial transcript and latest report card for enrollment into grades 10-12, and any reports, tests or evaluations that would assist in the admissions process. To arrange your appointment please contact the Admissions Office at (954) 485-7500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed Enrollment Form (click to view and download)
- Copies of student’s latest report card for enrollment into grades 1-9 or an unofficial transcript and latest report card for enrollment into grades 10-12.
New applicants are considered for admission only when the school has received a completed Enrollment Application, and relevant student records.
After registration and/or an initial tour and interview with parents and student(s), appointments can also be scheduled for students to spend time visiting the school and join an appropriate class.
Following testing, the tour and visit, if space is available, the student(s) will be offered admission. If space is not currently available the student(s) will be placed on a waiting list until such time as a place becomes available. When your child is offered a place at Fort Lauderdale Prep the parent(s) or guardian must sign an enrollment contract and provide a non-refundable deposit. In signing this contract you acknowledge your commitment to paying the full tuition for the academic year. All students are enrolled for the entire year. Placement testing is required for all new students.
Items needed to complete Enrollment:
- Placement Test and Placement Test Fee – $100 (Kindergarten – Grade 12)
- ORIGINAL Birth Certificate (FLPS will photocopy) (Pre School – Grade 12)
- ORIGINAL Social Security Card (FLPS will photocopy) (Pre School -Grade12)
- ORIGINAL Health Records must be submitted on the State of Florida approved forms (HRS 680 and HRS 3040) Current health records, original 680/340 must be on file with the school prior to student beginning school/classes. (Pre School – Grade 12) Students coming from out of state must have immunizations transferred to the approved forms (HRS 680 AND HRS 3040) by a Florida doctor or the Florida Health Department once you have moved to Florida. Your pediatrician will have the HRS 680 and HRS 3040 forms for the health records.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: Fort Lauderdale Preparatory School fully subscribes to and practices a policy of nondiscrimination admission and enrollment. No applicant or enrolled student shall be discriminated against because of religion, sex, handicap, color, national or ethnic origin.